What does engagement truly mean? We talk about it a lot don’t we? It’s the buzz word. We can be sure to slide into every conversation if we drop the customer engagement key words. People make money selling it; a lot of it. Yet many have not stopped to really think what engagement means to them and their business.
I must confess that I have a fear. Okay, fear might be an overstatement … but please play along.
This is my fear – that organizations (of any size) will try mobility as a means of ‘engaging’ their own customers without thinking the process through.
To help you along the process and just to give you some food for thought here are some questions to consider along the way:
- How deeply do you want to engage your customers while they are mobile?
- How well do you really know your customers while mobile?
- How well should you know them?
- Does your customer need you in the form of a mobile application?
- Is a mobile app the best way to engage with your customers?
- Can you (should you) influence your customers at the point of decision?
- Or would you gain more if you influence them at other points in their buying journey?
- Do you want your customers to transact with you through mobile?
- Or do you want mobility as a vehicle to raise awareness of your business and its products?
As always there are more questions but 9 seems like a good number.